Whatever the location, in any electrical installation, electrical cables represent a visual constraint and, if they are not protected, they can be damaged. A cable passage is a simple solution to remedy this problem.
Cable Entry: Main Characteristics
The cable passage takes place during an electrical installation in a home, professional environment, or outdoors. The cable passage is made by a cable protector, which by its application allows protection against:
- the risks of cuts;
- crushing if installed on the ground;
- any contact.
Note: the cable passage, in addition to its protective qualities, also plays an aesthetic role, especially in homes where these types of accessories are actual finished products.
Cable Passage: Use
The protection provided by the cable passage differs according to its use.
This means of protection can be used:
- in a professional/industrial environment, to protect cables on the ground from any vehicle passing through a warehouse;
- in the office, for the organization of electric cables in a multimedia installation;
- as part of an exhibition-type event or a concert, to organize the passage of cables on the ground;
- outdoors, to protect cables crossing a roadway from road traffic and pedestrians;
- in the home to conceal and protect the electrical installation.
Good to know: the intrinsic properties of any cable passage meet the demands and problems of the installation.
Cable Entry: Different Types
The type of cable entry varies according to the need for the installation.
Made according to the configurations, the cable passage can take the form:
- a plinth if installed on the wall (cable protection plinth);
- a threshold bar for any installation on the ground (passage of the warning cable);
- a flexible spiral hose for any organization of multimedia cables (organizer);
- flexible and rigid pipes for construction (electrical ducts);
- a plastic trunking/molding for the passage of cables in the habitat.
Good to know: the materials of the cable passage are varied and relative to the intended use (hard and rigid plastic, rubber, flexible steel, sheathed steel, etc.). check rubber cable protector